Cloud has become the most astonishing term in web hosting. Cost effectiveness and ease of operations has made cloud the first choice for hosting websites. We already have written a guide expaining the deciding factors for a Cloud hosting.
Top 5 Cloud Hosting for WordPress
Talking about WordPress which is a php-mysql based cms, here we have listed best cloud hosting companies for WordPress. Considering price, support, value for money as factors, here are the top 5 cloud hosting solutions for your wordpress blog.
1. Bluehost Cloud Hosting
Recently launched Bluehost cloud hosting plans starts from $5.99 only(promotional price, renewals @ $9.99) that offers 2GB RAM & 2 CPU cores. Undoubtedly they're way more cheap. Great thing is, all plans are full managed and you get free cPanel for file management.
- Cheapest among all
- Integrated caching for better performance of wordpress,
- Varnish caching
- Global CDN
- Free cPanel file management
Completely managed servers
- Inexperienced in Cloud
- Monthly billing instead of hourly
- You can't chose server location
2. DigitalOcean SSD Cloud Hosting
Digitalocean is the leader of Cloud hosting and the quality of their product is beyond awesome. If you are a technical person with knowledge of the subject, you will fall in love with them. Their support documentation & extremely qualified community doubles the fun. But at the same time, things will be awful if your area of expertise is not same.
I strongly advise you to avoid digital ocean if you don't know anything about web hosting.
- Pay as you go model
- $10 free credit
- Hourly billing
- Extremely cheap
- Fast SSD servers
Benefit of geo-location
- Requires technical knowledge,
- You won't get support on WordPress issues.
- You handle the website migration process
3. Linode Cloud Hosting
Linode is much similar to Digital Ocean but more experienced. Although they are costlier than DigitalOcean but the features & business model are almost same.
- Hourly billing model
- SSD powered
- Choice of server location
- Reliable uptime history
- 7 days free trail
- Relatively costly
- Requires technical knowledge as they provide unmanaged servers
- NO support on website transfer
4. VPS.net Cloud WordPress Hosting
They have customized plans for WordPress hosting on cloud. Personally I have used VPS.net services and loved its performance. The WordPress cloud droplets are bit costly ($5 more) but they claim to have been pre-customized with services like w3t cache.
- Multiple server locations
- Customized for wordpress
- Option to add more storage
- Extremely costly ($30 for 1GB RAM)
- Price changes according to server location
- HDD drives
5. Site5 Cloud Hosting
Site5 offers another reliable cloud hosting solution with plans starting from $25. But there's one thing to note, they do not provide assured RAM on their cloud plans. They just use a server of 64GB RAM with 8 Cores shared equally among the users which is not a very good idea.
Another thing is the disk, they are still using HDD however, during a conversation, their representative informed me that they are replacing their HDD's with SSD.
- Fast & reliable network
- free 30 days trail
- professional team,
- Instant support,
- Free Dedicated IP
- 45 days moneyback guarantee
- No SSD,
- Shared RAM,
- Bit costly.
- Server locations (Only in US)
Additional note: Both Bluehost & Digitalocean deserve to be on the top and it was a tough call for me to decide who is the best. But bluehost with its inbuilt cPanel feature (generally costs $10) & wordpress support (as DO doesn't provide support on wordpress, they only deal with LAMP stack) won the ranking.
As WordPress is used to host blogs and websites. It is used by small or medium organisation hence cost plays an important role. Apart of that technical support & product quality are obvious questions one would ask before buying. I have taken the following important parameters with their weight-age to rank the best wordpress cloud hosting for you.
- 40% value to the product cost (that is why there is no mention of companies like Amazon AWS, Rackspace etc).
- 20% to support
- 20% to the product quality &
- Rest 20% on value for money.
Recent search terms:
- WordPress cloud Web Hosting